Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God...2 Corinthians 5:20 King James Version (KJV)

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Search the Scriptures



Search the Scriptures

“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”
 Isaiah 8:20


Suggested Further Reading: 

Acts 17:10-15

I teach that all men by nature are lost by Adam’s fall. See whether that is true or not. I hold that men have so gone astray that no man either will or can come to Christ except the Father draw him. If I am wrong, find me out.

 I believe that God, before all worlds, chose to himself a people, whom no man can number, for whom the Saviour died, to whom the Holy Spirit is given, and who will infallibly be saved. You may dislike that doctrine; I do not care: see if it is not in the Bible.

See if it does not there declare that we are “elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,” and so on. I believe that every child of God must assuredly be brought by converting grace from the ruins of the fall, and must assuredly be “kept by the power of God, through faith, unto salvation,” beyond the hazard of ever totally falling away.

If I am wrong there, get your Bibles out, and refute me in your own houses. I hold it to be a fact that every man who is converted will lead a holy life, and yet at the same time will put no dependence on his holy life, but trust only in the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ.

And I hold, that every man that believes, is in duty bound to be immersed. I hold the baptism of infants to be a lie and a heresy; but I claim for that great ordinance of God, Believer’s Baptism, that it should have the examination of Scripture.

I hold, that to none but believers may immersion be given, and that all believers are in duty bound to be immersed. If I am wrong, well and good; do not believe me; but if I am right, obey the Word with reverence.

 I will have no error, even upon a point which some men think to be unimportant; for a grain of truth is a diamond, and a grain of error may be of serious consequence to us, to our injury and hurt.

I hold, then, that none but believers have any right to the Lord’s Supper; that it is wrong to offer the Lord’s Supper indiscriminately to all, and that none but Christians have a right either to the doctrines, the benefits, or the ordinances of God’s house.

If these things are not so, condemn me as you please; but if the Bible is with me, your condemnation is of no avail.

For meditation: 

This is how to use these daily readings—according to the Bible, Spurgeon must have made some mistakes (James 3:1,2).

Sermon no. 172
17 January (1858)


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

♥ <(((>< †   ><)))> ♥

“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, not in its fashion and manner, but in the truth which it contains.”

~ C. H. Spurgeon ~

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, without acquiring any monetary reward. God gave me the salvation for free, so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..
( NO ADVERTISEMENTS ) ... 
 ♥♥♥ 
Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime and infallible word of God 
♥♥♥ 

 PRAYER 

Father, I ask  You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, who are reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. 
Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy.. 
Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. 
Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs.
Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. 
Amen. 

You can see only one post at the time, please go to the bottom and look for the "Blog Archive", there is many more, sometimes I do many during the day as the time permits.... 

 DO YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG ? .. 
If you like to visit my other blogs, please click at the link and If not clickable, please copy and paste the address to your browser, Thanks... 
ENGLISH: 

SPANISH:
TRANSLATORS AVAILABLE FOR ALL LANGUAGES... 
TRADUCTOR AL ESPAÑOL Y OTROS LENGUAJES.... 
 Don't forget to spread The Word of GOD by sharing today's passage with friends... Please share with your family and friends using small envelope (E-mail) next to a pencil, under my name at the bottom of post, or using the share link.. 

 "HAVE A BLESSED DAY FULL OF PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS" 
Copyright Statement 
Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers," Charles Haddon Spurgeon. 
This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore
 is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. Please do provide us the following details: 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website.
Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage...
Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, our creator  and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
Thank YOu and God Bless.
Feb 10/2011 started this page.